- These guidelines are intended to assist individuals invited to serve as members of the Jury, as well as the award organisers (i.e. IDEX LEGAL). They have been developed to promote consistent high standards, encourage broad representation and help maintain the integrity and credibility of the awards we value so dearly.
- Receiving an invitation to judge an award competition is an honour and a responsibility. Your work as a member of the Jury, and the decisions that you make in the process, will have an impact for the event organiser, the individuals and the companies whose work you evaluate, your colleagues who join you as Jury members and the broader legal fraternity.
- Invitations should be considered with care.
Accepting an Invitation
- Before accepting an invitation to serve as a juror, familiarise yourself with the competition rules established by IDEX LEGAL.
- Your agreement to serve as a Jury member restricts you from judging any other awards competitions in/catering to the Indian legal industry till end of 2018.
- Your agreement to serve as a Jury member restricts you from nominating yourself for any of the awards categories in an individual capacity.
- However, your team or company may still participate and IDEX LEGAL will make sure that these submissions are allocated to Jury members not associated with your company and you will not be notified of who these Jury members will be. You are not to attempt to find out this information yourself to help us maintain the integrity and credibility of the judging process.
- Accepting the invitation should be done considering the timelines outlined in this document and ensuring you are able to 100% commit to these timelines and be available to evaluate submissions during this period. Once committed, we expect you to not break this commitment unless unavoidable and IDEX LEGAL should be given written intimation of the same at least 30 days before start of evaluation process. Given the criticality of the judging process and responsibility, you are also required to find a suitable replacement in your place and connect him/her to IDEX LEGAL within 7 days of intimation.
- The submission and judging process will be entirely online.
- All Jury members will receive a login id and password and will have a customised dashboard based on their role.
- You are strictly forbidden from sharing these login credentials with anyone including your PA's and secretaries and team members.
- The judging process begins right after we close submissions on 4th February 2018. The Jury will have from first week of February till end of February to finish evaluating and submitting their results on their online dashboard. Allocation of submissions will be done by IDEX LEGAL. The Jury members including the Jury Chairman will be grouped into teams of 3-4 accordingly to the best of our judgement so that no jury member has to evaluate more than 35 submissions on average apart from in exceptional circumstances.
- Each group will receive submissions from multiple categories. Each submission will receive a final score from the designated Jury member and will go back into the pool. The system will automatically arrange the submissions in order of the scores received.
- In an ideal situation, we will automatically arrive at the top three nominees and the category award winner with the automated ranking system. In case of shared ranking due to common scores, the Jury Chairman will have a discussion with the Jury members who evaluated those submissions, review them and with the help of his final evaluation, the top three and the winner will be decided.
- In case of any conflicting opinions among Jury members, the Jury chairman's decision will be final and binding. Jury members' dashboard will consist all the submissions. You will be able to view total number of submissions assigned to you along with the status – total, pending, completed etc.
- Once you select a submission, next to each ratable question there will be an option to rate the question along with a comment box to add your comments on why you have given a particular rating. A summary of these comments will be read out while announcing the winner; hence, please take the time to fill in appropriate comments. We need you to write appropriate comments for all applications so we can provide critical feedback on how they can continually improve their submissions next year.
- The top three nominees from each category will then be publicly announced by beginning of March to the entire legal fraternity.
Role of Jury Chairman
- The Jury Chairman will be appointed by IDEX LEGAL through research and based on seniority, expertise, stature and reputation. The role of the Jury Chairman is critical in ensuring a smooth judging process and maintaining the integrity and credibility of the awards competition.
- The Jury Chairman will regularly be in touch with the Jury panel to answer any Q&A's and provide necessary guidance.
- The Jury Chairman will make regular notes throughout the judging period and submit a final report at the end of final judging as feedback on each Jury member's performance.
- The Jury Chairman will collaborate with all Jury members and type up a final feedback report for IDEX LEGAL which will include what worked, what did not, how the process can be improved further next year etc. This feedback will be required post the awards ceremony, so that you may include feedback from the event day as well.